Ylana Maya

So I've failed to do this 30 day challenge... maybe I will continue it.. but honestly it's just been taking my passion out of writing.

I agree that in order to get where we wish to go in life it requires consistent work and effort, my personal struggle is in maintaining a balance in life. Knowing what to prioritise, knowing how to use my energy sparingly.... I find it absolutely amazing that people can take on so much within their days, that they can push themselves to do so much and to utilise their time so well...  Now I know, we all have the same 24 hours in a day and yet I find it amazing how we all apply ourselves differently in that time, we prioritise differently, we integrate our wants and needs within our schedules and I think maybe some of us need more rest than others...
 I work around so many people in my average days and I absolutely love my job but due to my nature as a human, I do need time to process all the stimuli I am around in your average days... I am like a data/information sponge... I feel like I absorb so much about people, not their spoken communication as such but more their unspoken communication, what they fail to speak about... stuff that they are barely aware of most of the time.... It takes me time to process verbal communication as well mind you... I find that when I get home I sit down and I process all that has gone on with my day, I process information I have absorbed from people, I process the energies of the day, I process connections I have made and had, I process my responses throughout the day... I slowly detach from it all.
This process takes time... but if I don't do it, I quickly become a kettle boiling over by the end of the week or I get drained in my work and can't contribute properly....

Taking all this into consideration... I have realised over time... that rushing will solve nothing... it just causes more anxiety and ultimately means that the work produced is either of lower quality or it just gets completely forgotten and neglected...
I find deadlines, constraints and set frameworks so limiting and it's really difficult for me to know which or which not to do... this is a challenge I need to overcome over time...


Updates on my journey - I am going to do a test for Aspergers/ASD, my psychiatrist is putting me forward for it... I'm interested to see what the result is....
I also had a dream the other day where Charles Dickens was encouraging me to explore my reasons for writing... I woke up at 3am and decided to explore my reasons in more depth in my journal...

Basically I need to get back on it and actually create some content!
So I'm currently preparing for my first draft of the book idea I have had for the majority of this year... I am thinking I will take part in NaNoWriMo in November.

The ideas are already flowing...


Have a good day, thank you for reading :)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ylana Maya - Day 5 "Double-decker bus removing armadillo hedgehog lady!"

Ylana Maya - Fake Friends and Succubus Energy

Ylana Maya - Grow!